On Chord Academy!
We are a Music school dedicated to simple and transparent music instruction in Layton, Utah. We designed our approach to music lessons to create a deep rooted love of music and performance in every one of our students.
360 South Fort Lane, Suite C-110, Layton, Utah, 84041
Find out more about our Layton location. Click here.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have. Use the emails listed here, or the contact form below.
People & Places
Jordan Olsen is a co-founder of On Chord Academy. He oversees the school’s student recruitment, student services, and facility management. He also wrote and teaches the Beginning Guitar Workshop as well as private guitar lessons.
Jordan has played guitar for 22-years, has released 10 published albums, has toured the western United States as a professional musician, and earned a Professional Certificate of Guitar through Berklee College of Music Online.
Aside from his family, Jordan’s greatest passion in life is music. He continues to study the instrument in order to give his students relevant, educated, and high quality music instruction. Jordan is a very active musician in the Utah music scene and is a rabid fan of the band Umphrey’s McGee.
Numbers & Forms
Jennifer Olsen is a co-founder of On Chord Academy. She manages the school’s administrative services, accounting, and all things spreadsheet.
Jennifer is a pianist of over 20-years, dedicates her playing to charitable and non-profit organizations, and teaches a select group of beginning piano students from her home.
Aside from her time spent at On Chord Academy, Jennifer is a dedicated mother of three. Some of her favorite bands and artists are Barenaked Ladies, Tim McGraw, and Michael Jackson.
Website & Content
John’s professional background includes music, education and marketing, and his role at On Chord Academy exists right at the nexus of all three, as the school’s web designer and strategist.
Over the last 18 years John has performed professionally in rock bands, jazz ensembles, bluegrass groups, and traditional Irish troupes, playing bass, guitar, keys and mandolin. He studied graduate-level Comparative Literature at the U of U, where he also taught Intermediate French. John also has a professional background in marketing and web.
His favorite band is also Umphrey’s McGee, although John also enjoys seaking out the weird and wonderful in all kinds of indie music.
Our Studio Policy
Make Up Lessons
Summer Months/Extended Vacations
- You can simply pay to keep your time slot, and attend as many of the lessons as you can. This is our least favorite option, but it is there if you need it.
- Skype lessons. If you are vacationing somewhere with Internet access, you may consider taking lessons over Skype. Each of our lesson studios has the capability to do music lessons online. You can keep your time slot and continue improving on your instrument.
- Summer Slam Courses (when available). On Chord Academy will be offering condensed lesson schedules, letting you take 3 months worth of lessons in only 4 weeks. You get 12 lessons in 4 weeks, and have 2 months off, while still guaranteeing your time slot when you return.
- Scheduling Calendar – If you sign up for lessons through our online calendar or by phone, your monthly payment will automatically be deducted. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit and debit cards. The payment will occur on the anniversary of your first scheduled lesson. For example, if your first lesson takes place on the 5th, then your payment will be processed every month on the 5th.
- Personal Check – If you are cannot use a credit or debit card we can accept a personal check on a limited basis, made out to On Chord Academy. Full payment will be due by your first lesson of the month. If you miss payment for the first week a $15 penalty will be added to your monthly amount. Failure to pay by your second lesson of the month will be grounds for lesson termination.