As discussed in our Attendance and Make-Up Policy above, we will strive to provide 4 lessons every month. Lessons are prepaid. The monthly fee is the same every month and assures your half-hour time slot is reserved for you every week. You are paying to reserve the teacher’s time, and a studio room once a week, whether you choose to attend or miss.
- 5th Weeks: The lesson fee will remain the same for months with 5 weeks. If a month has 5 lesson days, there will be no 5th lesson. Some teachers choose to use 5th weeks for making up a lessons. This is their prerogative, and not a guarantee.
- Billing Options:Tuition payments are due in full by the first lesson, and on the anniversary of the first lesson day. There are two billing options for lessons at On Chord Academy: We highly prefer you use automated payment. In extreme cases we can accept payment in the form of a personal check or cash.
- Recurring Payments - When we confirm lesson enrollment over the phone, we collect a card so that your monthly payment will automatically be deducted. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit and debit cards. The payment will occur on the anniversary of your first scheduled lesson. For example, if your first lesson takes place on the 5th, then your payment will be processed every month on the 5th. You are only ever agreeing to a 4-week billing period and can stop lessons at any time (see lesson termination below).
- Personal Check: – If you are cannot use a credit or debit card we can accept a personal check on a limited basis, made out to On Chord Academy. Full payment will be due by your first lesson of the month. If you miss payment for the first week a $15 penalty will be added to your monthly amount. Failure to pay by your second lesson of the month will be grounds for lesson termination.
- Lesson Termination: If you wish to terminate music lessons at On Chord Academy, we require written notice 30 days in advance, delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org. On Chord Academy reserves the right to dismiss students due to: failure to pay, repeated failure to comply with studio and cancellation policies, theft or destruction of On Chord Academy property or that of its teachers and students.